Southern Metal Finishing

Re: Don't Believe the Hype

Attention loyal AESF members.......  I have been asked many times over the last few weeks about what I think about the change of direction from the Pro-Consolidation group to "Re-Organization" instead of what was most recently called "Consolation", and before that "Merger".

The bottom line is that nothing has changed and their mission is still the same.  The Pro-Consolidation board members will ask the delegates at Sur-Fin 2006 in Milwaukee to approve sending the association into "Dormancy".  If the AESF were to ever be put into "Dormancy" it would at that very moment cease to exist.  Since we are a member based organization once we dismiss the members 98 years of history and tradition is over.  The AESFwould not be capable of ever overcoming this and I encourage you to see it for what it is - the hijacking of an association by other groups with similar but conflicting interests.

Please don't let anyone tell you that this is a done deal because it is NOT.  The delegates will have to approve it.  From my multitude of phone calls and personal appearances around the country I can tell you that most delegates that I have met would never want to be responsible for casting a vote to put our beloved association into "Dormancy".

If you have not had a chance to review the business plan that outlines a path to reinvigorating the AESF as an individual membership based organization I would encourage you to download a copy today.  There are other alternatives!

Sincerely,

Paul E. Fisher

Stan Plewa

Re: Don't Believe the Hype

TOUCHE'

Save the AESF!!!