Jay V

Topic: Wagner C4?

Anyone using a new Wagner C4 gun?

I'm thinking about purchasing one, and want to know how they compare to the latest guns from Gema, Nordson, etc.

They claim it uses less air, makes a softer cloud, and has better transfer efficiency, which all sound good to me - if it does!

Thanks.

Jay V

kaleem546

Re: Wagner C4?

Jay,

I am using C4 gun. It is a great gun with advance features and very useful with metallics.

It is a little bit at high end a need a little bit more than usual care. Spare parts are bit expensive. Also I believe it requires more CFM of air as compared to Nordson.

Nordson equipment is easy to service and  replacement parts are cheaper to buy from various sources other than Nordson.

If you need more in-depth evaluation please write to me at: kmuhammad@inscapesolutions.com

Jay V

kaleem546 wrote:

Jay,

I am using C4 gun. It is a great gun with advance features and very useful with metallics.

It is a little bit at high end a need a little bit more than usual care. Spare parts are bit expensive. Also I believe it requires more CFM of air as compared to Nordson.

Nordson equipment is easy to service and  replacement parts are cheaper to buy from various sources other than Nordson.

If you need more in-depth evaluation please write to me at: kmuhammad@inscapesolutions.com

Thanks.

The claim is LESS air usage than other guns - you find it not to be the case?

They claim a very soft, even, cloud that has less flow speed that increases transfer.

Are using a box-feed, hopper, or cup-style model?

Jay V

IL

kaleem546

We use the gun via hopper....Jay

hstockman

Dear Jay V,

One of the nicest things to consider with Wagner is they never leave you behind.  If you own a C2 gun you can upgrade to the C4 technology without having to buy a new gun.  Gema and Nordson discontinue gun technologies so you have to buy a new gun. 

Regarding the cloud it has great performance as stated, but Gema and Nordson are both in a similar performance range.  Best for you to try the guns and see which is best for you.  If you have Wagner equipment then upgrading the guns with an upgrade kit will be a good return-on-investment.

Regards,

Herb Stockman

812-453-5280

Jay V wrote:

Anyone using a new Wagner C4 gun?

I'm thinking about purchasing one, and want to know how they compare to the latest guns from Gema, Nordson, etc.

They claim it uses less air, makes a softer cloud, and has better transfer efficiency, which all sound good to me - if it does!

Thanks.

Jay V