Jerry

Re: Epa

Has anyones individual state EPA's come up with powder coatings qualifying as an emission? I'm talking TE, the powder that does not go on the part. Possibly only in a spray to waste application.

Thanks,
Jerry

Travis Stirewalt

Jerry,

I will try to help here. Are you speaking of emission's from the booth as in the dry powder or emissions from the cure process?

Powder is rated as simply a Nousince Dust (sorry if I misspelled nousince) from OSHA. EPA, to my knowledge, does not rate powder as an emission.

Powder waste is simply collected in cartridge filters and melted down into solid form and disposed of in dumpsters typically. There are no solvents / VOC's in powder.

Powders do emit some minimal gasses etc from the cure process, but nothing harmful in the amounts emitted.

If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Travis Stirewalt, CSI, NASF
Senior Sales Manager, Eastern US
TIGER Drylac USA Powder Coatings
www.tiger-coatings.com

Jerry

Thanks for the reply Travis. I'm still gathering information. I'm refering specifically to the Illinois EPA. I recently had a job where the customer had to provide flow rates from the powder gun and filter efficiency ratings for permitting for the powder application. According to the customer, they kept using the terminology of emmissions.

BTW, beautifull part of the country your in there:D

Travis Stirewalt

Glad to help Jerry - sounds like the EPA contact has liquid on the mind!!!!!

Too much solvent!!!!

Have a great one.. let me know if I can help more.

Travis

Travis Stirewalt, CSI, NASF
Senior Sales Manager, Eastern US
TIGER Drylac USA Powder Coatings
www.tiger-coatings.com

charles880

It's a 8x8x10' broiler from fast eng. The vents are found on the left and right half of the entrance entryways.   The screens were in the focal point of the two sides of a 4' wide dance. I likewise recognized that when somebody opened the SPRAY corner entryways with the fans on the powder would even have a "cloud" of powder falling off. This is the place i knew i would have issues. The problen is still NOT determined. I'm additionally attempting an alternate sort of concoction to see it will help with the staying of the powder.

Last edited by charles880 (01/29/2015 - 05:45 AM)